Eggs are composed of a yolk that is yellow in color and a shiny, transparent white mucus. Surrounded by a hard shell, these eggs are vulnerable to hard objects. If eggs are dropped, the protected yolk and white inside will automatically splatter. So, it is quite impossible to peel a raw or uncooked egg. However, in this experiment, peeling a raw egg will be made possible.
Is it possible to peel a raw or uncooked egg? How?
It is not possible to peel a raw egg, as commonly known.
- Uncooked egg
- Clear vinegar
- Plastic jar with a lid
- Prepare all the materials needed and put them in a table.
- Fill the jar with some vinegar.
- Place the uncooked egg slowly and carefully into the jar with vinegar.
- Make sure not to crack the egg.
- Make sure that the egg must be covered completely with vinegar.
- Place the lid on the jar.
- Do not shake or move the jar.
- Observe what happens to the egg over the next 24 to 48 hours.
- Record your observations
RESULTS / ANALYSIS OF DATA
After 24 to 48 hours, the shell should have been removed from the egg. The remaining eggshells can be taken off by a paper towel or placing it under a running water.
Based on the results, it is really possible to peel a raw egg. Even though it is very soft, the contents remain intact with a very thin transparent membrane outside.