Wikipedia defines toothpaste as a paste or gel dentifrice used with a toothbrush as an accessory to clean and maintain the aesthetics and health of teeth. Toothpaste is used to promote oral hygiene: it serves as an abrasive that aids in removing the dental plaque and food from the teeth, assists in suppressing halitosis, and delivers active ingredients such as fluoride or xylitol to help prevent tooth and gum disease. But can we make a home-made toothpaste?
Is it possible to make a home-made toothpaste
Yes, it is possible to make a home-made toothpaste
- Baking Soda
- Coconut oil
- Essential peppermint oil
- Prepare all the materials needed
- On a plate, mix a 50:50 ratio of coconut oil to baking soda.
- Mix a small batch first then make more as needed.
- Add a few drops of essential peppermint oil for sweetness and flavor.
- Mix up and keep in glass container.
- Then spoon out or dip your toothbrush into as needed.
RESULTS / ANALYSIS OF DATA
The mixture is dependent to the temperature of the room and water. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated. Baking soda can make additional projects.
A home-made toothpaste is easy to do. It is a money-saving experiment.
Bookmarked, I love your blog! 🙂